Thursday, April 30, 2009

That New Box on the Website

Some of you might be wondering what that new box on the website is. Well, just as it appears to be, it is an instant messaging box. Unlike most instant messaging tools, however, you don't need to install any extra software and you don't need to log in to use it. When I am at my desk, all messages sent through this tool (called Meebo, by the way) go directly to me. When I am not at my desk, the messages go to one of my co-workers. If none of us are available, Meebo will show us as offline, so you never have to worry about somebody outside of the Allen Library trying to answer your Allen Library related questions. So, what can you use this for? Anything you want. Just ask a question and we'll do our best to answer it. You can still ask questions via email, phone, or in person, but this is another way that we can help get you the answers you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment