Monday, November 15, 2010

Frequent Questions

Can I renew my own library materials?

Yes, you are allowed to renew library materials one time.



4. If an item is overdue, you may renew it. You are, however, still responsible for fines accrued up until the point of renewal.



Should I tape torn materials myself?

NO!!! This will further damage library material.

Standard tape glue will corrode the pages of library items. Also, when you put tape on items, we can’t get it off again. The Allen Library uses specific adhesives and methods to restore damaged paper and bindings. Please bring torn or damaged library items to the circulation desk.

The Binding Blues - Do not tape pages into a score for the sake of an easier page turn. These pages are difficult to remove without damaging the original library item.

- You tore the pages of my library item just like you tore my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment